WIMSE Archives

November 2000

WIMSE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
JAN YARRISON-RICE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Women In Mathematics, Science & Engineering (WIMSE)
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:15:13 -0500
RATS -- anyway, I just accidentally sent an unfinished note to you all
-- SORRY!

            The WMS 215 Course:  Continued:

Main Subject of Study:   Women's Health Issues

We will be learning about how to find infromation on women's health
issues, where data bases can be found, whether the information is
meaningful, and what questions we might want to ask
about the issues -- what experiments might we want to do?  how would we
design them?

Once we got the data (which will be provided to you), how do we analyze
this data What software is out there to assist in this analysis?  What
do the results mean?

After analysis,   how do we present this information to other people?
What technology is available to assist us with this part of the
process?

People with add slips for the course include:   Phyllis Callahan,
Emilyl Murphree, Jan Yarrison-Rice, and Jennifer Profit (Wells Hall Head
Resident).

COME JOIN US -- LEARN ABOUT WOMEN"S HEALTH & HOW TO DO RESEARCH --

Jan Yarrison-Rice
Physics Dept.
Rm. 15 Culler Hall
Miami University