WIMSE Archives

October 2001

WIMSE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
JAN YARRISON-RICE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Women In Mathematics, Science & Engineering (WIMSE)
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:56:17 -0500
Hello Supporters and Members of WIMSE!

     A big trip is in the offing!!  There is a special exhibit at the
Raymond Walters College of UC being held this month.

Women in DIscovery:  the legacy of Marie Curie

The WIMSE group is hoping to leave Miami at 10 am on
Saturday, Nov. 3, in order to be at UC to view the exhibit at 11 am.
However, an
appointment is needed and I haven't been able to reach anyone yet.
Hopefully they will return my messages tomorrow.

This week the exhibit is having it's Medical Sciences Week.  The
exhibit
examines the work of Marie Curie and the consequesnt contributions of
other women scientists who built on her work in other fields and
includes her original labratory equiptment, on loan from the Musee
Curie
in Paris.  More information is available at the WID website:
www.wid.uc.edu

We will let people know of the exact time as soon as possible.
HOWEVER, if you are interested in going on the trip... meeting some new
faces and renewing
older acquaintences, Please let Kelly Armstrong know in the next few
days, so
we can get vans ordered.

Kelly can be contacted at:   [log in to unmask]

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see original equipment used
by Marie Curie as well as learn about other pioneers in science, math,
engineering, and medicine.

Hope to see you there.

Jan Yarrison-Rice
Physics