WMUB Archives

April 2000

WMUB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:00:57 -0400

        OXFORD, Ohio -  WMUB Public Radio has announced the
appointment of John E. Hingsbergen of Cincinnati as its new Program
Director. WMUB is Miami University's NPR member station.
        "I am very pleased to be able to work with someone of John's
breadth of experience," stated General Manager Cleve Callison. "We
feel that we have found a candidate who combines a background in
public service broadcasting, especially public radio, with a deep
understanding of and affection for this region."
        John Hingsbergen, a native of Butler County, Ohio, comes to
WMUB from the Telecommunications Board of Northern Kentucky, where he
has served as Executive Director. Prior to that position, he was
Director of Network Relations and Network Sales Manager for the X
Star Radio Network, based at WVXU-FM at Xavier University, Cincinnati.
        He has also served as Manager of Cable Communications for the
City of Cincinnati, as radio news director for WRRM/Warm 98 in
Cincinnati, and as a television producer. He has also been Director
of Communications for the Council of Christian Communions of Greater
Cincinnati. At WMUB, he will replace Jim Haskins, who had been
Interim Program Director for several years and who will continue to
be heard in various capacities.
        "I am very excited about the possibilities of WMUB,"
Hingsbergen says. "I'll look forward to helping promote the new
worldwide access," referring to WMUB's recent experiments at
streaming its audio signal on the Internet.
        John Hingsbergen will assume his new duties May 1, 2000.
        For details of WMUB's audio streaming and its programming
schedule, go online at http://www.wmub.org

Cleve Callison <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
**Celebrating 50 years of WMUB * 1950 * 2000**
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-5958, 513-529-6048 FAX
http://www.wmub.org