WMUB Archives

May 1998

WMUB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

WMUB 88.5 FM
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 06:07:46 -0400
The Galaxy satellite serving NPR stations and many other services such as
pagers, etc. suffered a major failure last night around 6:20. Stations and
NPR are scrambling to put together a network of phone links, Internet, TV
feeds, etc. WMUB is broadcasting Morning Edition on schedule, but the
quality is impaired.

Until the problem is repaired, we expect to carry Morning Edition until
noon today (i.e. no Diane Rehm), then resume the normal schedule of NPR
talk shows with Fresh Air at 12:06. Situations are changing by the minute,
however. We'll attempt to alert listeners via this list, through our Web
page, and by other means.

Thanks for your patience.