ZOO408A Archives

May 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rebecca Elefante <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Elefante <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 18:48:27 -0400
Hello all,
My family and I have been quite entertained by a family of House Finches
that has taken over our bird feeder.  The family consists of a mom, dad
and two fledglings.  A couple days ago the fledglings would sit on our
porch with their mouths open and the father would feed them the seeds from
our feeder.  The fledglings still have a few tufts of down sticking out
from underneath their first set of feathers and both have two tufts of
down on their heads, which look like horns.  They are about the size of
their parents and are both the color of their mom.  Today, I've noticed
them actually going to the feeder to feed themselves.  They've been a lot
of fun to watch. :)
Take care,
Rebecca