ZOO408A Archives

January 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:19:25 -0500
I just spent a couple of hours checking for larks, etc. near the
Boston Airport and stopping at Whitewater State Park, Dunlapsville
Causeway, Sagamore Resort and Fairfield Causeway.

Along SR 122 (the "Boston-Abington Road") between US 27 and Boston, IN:

Northern Harrier 1 (adult male)
Horned Lark 120
Lapland Longspur 1
Snow Bunting 1
Red-winged Blackbird 1
Common Grackle 28
Brown-headed Cowbird 70

Brookville Lake is still well above summer levels (e.g., the parking
lot at the ramp in Whitewater State Park is underwater).  Some ducks
are back among the flooded trees and difficult to locate.  Few gulls
present; noteworthy:

Great Blue Heron 1
Redhead 16
Common Goldeneye 14
Hooded Merganser 10
Ring-billed Gull 3

Lots of activity at my home feeder today, including:

White-throated Sparrow 6
White-crowned Sparrow 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 6
House Finch 14