ZOO408A Archives

February 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rebecca Elefante <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Elefante <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:47:05 -0500
Despite the bone chilling and frostbite inducing cold, it was a lovely day
for birding.  I went over to Camp Dennison this morning, where I happened
to run into the Hickeys, in search of the Eurasian Wigeon.  While we were
not able to find it, I managed to see:
Cackling Goose
Canada Goose
Mallard
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Northern Shoveler
Canvasback
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Ruddy Duck
American Coot
Pied-billed Grebe
Ring-billed Gull
Great Blue Heron

I also went over to Lake Isabella to search for the Great Horned Owl who
has made its nest there.  I found her sitting in a rusty bucket atop a
sycamore tree behind the playground.

Rebecca Elefante