ZOO408A Archives

October 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:05:00 -0500
I had only a short time to be out this morning.  On Brookville Lake,
I began at Mounds State Recreation Area, stopped at the Fairfield
Causeway, took back roads up the west side of the lake to the
Dunlapsville Causeway area and from there up to Treaty Line Road
where I shared a few moments with Ron Williams.  At home if found a
nice little pocket of warblers with some scolding chickadees and
titmice.  Highlights:

Mounds State Recreation Area (Franklin Co.):
Greater Yellowlegs 2
PINE WARBLER 1

Dunlapsville Causeway and Quakertown Beach (Union Co.):
Double-crested Cormorant 80
LAUGHING GULL 3 (2 first-year, 1 basic adult)
Tree Swallow (including Treaty Line area) 550
No. Rough-winged Swallow 3

Treaty Line Road (Union Co.):
American Wigeon (first located by Ron Williams)
Bald Eagle 1 (first located by Ron Williams)
FRANKLIN'S GULL 1 basic adult (first located by Ron)
Bonaparte's Gull 3 (first located by Ron)
Semipalmated Sandpiper 1
Pectoral Sandpiper 14
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 4

Home (southern Wayne Co.):
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 4
Tennessee Warbler 2
Nashville Warbler 1
Cape May Warbler 2
Bl-throated Green Warbler 5
Purple Finch 4 (my first for season)

Overall day totals of note:

Great Egret 0 at Treaty Line, 24 had been present on 7 October
Chimney Swift 2 (so. Wayne Co.)
Belted Kingfisher 5 (noticeable increase in numbers lately)
Eastern Bluebird 54
Yellow-rumped Warbler 42
Chipping Sparrow 55

Bill Buskirk