ZOO408A Archives

October 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:34:42 -0400
We had a good morning of banding today (unlike our other attempt Tues!).
Birds are still moving, but our species composition has changed.  We banded
42; recaptures 9 for a total of 51 birds.  Only one species of warbler is
now regular, we banded 6 Yellow-rumped Warblers.  Aside from American
Robins (3), the vast majority of birds are now White-throated Sparrows (17)
[see below] with a Swamp (see below) or Junco mixed in.  Hermit Thrushes
(see below) continue to move in good numbers--we banded 8 today for a total
of 22 in the last 10 days.  We expect things to drop off pretty soon,
particularly if we get freezing temps and snow to the north---bring on the
Saw-whet Owls!!!!
Cheers
Dave