ZOO408A Archives

May 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 11:50:02 -0500
I've missed much of the spring migration due to travel (FL and RI).
My conference in Rhode Island over the last few days was at Newport
and the Cliff Walk there produced some nice birds for a Hoosier
(Northern Gannet - distant views, Common Eider, Purple Sandpiper (5 -
close views), Great Black-backed Gull).

I visited Brookville Lake this morning, trying to see some of the
many migrants I've missed this year and beginning Bird Atlas work.
Highlights:

Treaty Line Road
Canada Goose 138
Bald Eagle 1 (3rd year)

Dunlapsville Causeway and Beach (Union Co.)
Double-crested Cormorant 5
LAUGHING GULL 1 adult/ alternate, left wing's primaries ragged
(either missing some or molting).  The bird was present briefly at
05:45, took off heading south into the fog; I couldn't find it later).
Ring-billed Gull 38

Hannah Creek area
Willow Flycatcher 2
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1 singing

Mounds State Recreation Area (Franklin Co.)
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1
Cerulean Warbler 1
Northern Parula 1
Mourning Warbler 1