ZOO408A Archives

May 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 21:34:15 -0400
Nice pics.

I thought this past weekend was one of the better trips I've had to the
Magree Marsh boardwalk, in spite of (or maybe because of?) the chilly,
drizzly weather. Good diversity and large numbers of warblers, plus
multiple views of golden-wings too close to focus my binoculars.

This may sound weird to some, but the most interesting bird I saw was a
White-throated Sparrow. It was extremely dark overall, but the
light/dark patterns were still discernible; it looked like it had been
rolling around in ashes. I haven't been able to find much about melanism
in white-throats - can anyone give me any leads?

--
--
Ned Keller