ZOO408A Archives

May 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 22:42:13 -0400
From Audubon Miami Valley:
May 7                                    Warbler Walk
Larry Sherman   513.523.2458
Did you know that we are in the thick of the warbler migration belt?  Join
us for the annual Warbler Walk at Kathy Hunter and Ron Huffmeier’s farm in
nearby Indiana to search for these neo-tropical jewels. Meet at 7:30 am
(Ohio time) at Oxford’s Wal-Mart parking lot on Locust St.

From the farm owners:
We have put in sturdy rock crossings in preparation for the  Warbler Walk
this Saturday the 7th.  We are excited about your coming and the birds are
ready.  Have seen numerous Blue gray gnatcatchers and Hermit and Wood thrush
as well as warblers.  If you would like a young pawpaw tree bring a bucket
or suitable container.  We also have small nodding (white) trilliums you
could dig, bring pots for these also.   After you dig them Ron can take them
to your car on our ATV.  Bring a bagged lunch and We will have drinks and
dessert for you all.  See you Saturday (8:00am Ohio time at the cottage,
2993 Star Lane, few miles other side of Brookville Reservoir)  Kathy
(765-825-3501

IN THE SPIRIT OF CONSERVATION
Debra Bowles, AMV Communications
www.orgs.muohio.edu/AudubonMiamiValley