ZOO408A Archives

October 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:22:08 -0400
Greetings!!
We had a fantastic weekend banding the prairie at Shakertrace Wetlands in
Miami Whitewater County Park outside Harrison, OH.  We banded 124 birds and
recaptured 12 (three Song Sparrows were from 2004 and 2005) from 18 species
total this weekend.  Top five species included Song Sparrow (37), Savannah
Sparrow (22), Swamp Sparrow (15), Common Yellowthroat (13),  Palm Warbler
(10).  Others included Lincoln's Sparrow (5), Nashville Warbler 1 (in
prairie!), Indigo Bunting (4), White-crowned and White-throated Sparrows
(only 1 each).  The bird of the day was caught in the last net run on
Sunday--it is Quiz bird 12 below.
We will be banding MUBO Tues, HW on Thursday, and Shakertrace again next
Sun Oct 8. Migration is in full swing come on out and visit!!! We'll need
help next Sunday please call me if your available.
Cheers and good luck on the quiz!
Dave