ZOO408A Archives

February 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:05:27 -0500
So I followed Dave's ornithology class today to go find the the Eurasian
Wigeon. it was at the first place we stopped. and got a beautiful look at
it. for those of you new birders in Dave's class this is an extremely rare
find here in Ohio so if you get a chance this weekend head down to the
gravel pits this weekend and see if you can find it. Just make sure you pay
attention to the no trespassing signs.

go east on I275 and take the Wards Corner Rd. exit # 54. Go south on Wards
Corner Rd. a couple of miles to Rt. 126 in Miamiville. Turn left and go a
short distance to the first stop sign. Turn right (your still on Rt. 126),
cross the bridge over the Little Miami and the pits are on your left.