ZOO408A Archives

May 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 15:19:09 -0400
Greetings,
Quick up-date--Banding at the new Miami University Bird Observatory (MUBO)
has been amazing--we banded our third Yellow-bellied Flycatcher this week
(two this morning); we banded our sixth Morning Warbler (two more this
morning), our fourth Canada Warbler, and our THIRD Connecticut Warbler (one
this morning) in the last ten days [see photo {sorry blurry little light
early in morning}].  In the category of getting late--we are still banding
Magnolia Warblers, banded a Lincoln's Sparrow this morning, and banded a
very late Northern Waterthrush [see photo]. Our first babies of the year
are showing up with hatch-year Carolina Chickadee and a Downy Woodpecker.
We had additional Connecticut Warblers singing this week both at the HW dam
station and at MUBO.  We banded several Cedar Waxwings at HW dam including
a second-year (SY) female [see photo no red "wax"] and an after-second year
(ASY) female [with red].
Cheers
Dave