ZOO408A Archives

December 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:01:44 -0500
Greetings... A nice flock of 100+ snow buntings and 200+ horned larks have
been hanging around the sled hill at the VOA in West Chester the past few
days. This morning, there was a lone lapland longspur among the throng.

I suppose with the retreat of the glaciers, these birds will spread out and
split for the country, but for now, you can see the little guys right along
the roadside inside the entrance to Butler County MetroPark's "Ronald Reagan
Voice of Freedom Park."

I also heard a few rattle calls in the sky above my house this morning
around 7:30 a.m. while I was walking across the street. I assume they were
snow buntings.

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester