ZOO408A Archives

January 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:00:15 -0500
With 9 teams and a host of participants the 2005 Skyline Chili Challenge
got off to a very foggy and soggy beginning this weekend.  The reigning
champions are a bit slowed by Jill's rather ponderous cast on her leg, but
undaunted, were joined by Jim and Sarah Michael on journey into the fog
Saturday.  Unable to even see Brookville Lake, the reported scoters,
Dunlin, and Mute Swans escaped detection.  However, we were successful
finding a beautiful flock of Purple Finches at a feeder at Miami Whitewater
park (along with 30+ Wild Turkeys) and a nice male Merlin at Spring Grove
Cemetery.  It was so foggy we even missed the Horned Larks and Snow
Buntings along Rt 128 in Ross!  We had lots of fun and a great day and hope
everyone gets a chance to get out and find birds!
Cheers
Dave
PS Enclosed a picture of a Horned Lark we banded last week--their really
pretty little birds!