ZOO408A Archives

September 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:26:38 -0400
Greetings!
We had two great days of banding this weekend (Sat and Mon).  Birds have
started to move--we banded 101 birds between the two days! We caught a
total of 65 on Sat at Hueston Woods and 51 on Mon at MUBO, this included 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds each day and 7 recaptures.  We banded ten
species of warbler each day-fifteen species total including Mourning,
Black-throated Blue, Black-throated Green, Wilson's, Am. Redstarts, etc. We
also banded everything from Yellow-bellied Flycatchers, to Swainson's
Thrush, to Red-eyed Vireos--over 30 species total!
Thanks to all the volunteers over both days!  The week just wouldn't start
right without a quiz!
We had the opportunity to scrutinize some "confusing fall warblers" up
close and let me know what you think!
Dave