CONNELLS Archives

January 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:21:39 -0800
OK, guys, this has been a boring list as of late.
With list management permission, I am opening up
conversation to include music-related topics that are
not neccessarily Connells-related.  If you have a
problem with this, contact our list manager Art
Jipson.  He can tell you about the list digest option
as a possible solution to your problems.  Also, I
would assume that if he gets enough complaints, he
will return the list to its pristine Connells-only
format.

I recently heard a song on the radio called Deep South
by a band called The Promise Ring.  If you like the
Mayflies USA, you will probably like The Promise Ring.
 I just bought their latest cd, Very Emergency, and it
is chuck full of irresistably bouncy pop songs.  I
have to say that often the lyrics don't make much
sense to me, but musically this is a great little cd.
Anyone else heard the Promise Ring?  Has anyone seen
them live?  I just missed their show in Cincinnati--I
heard about it literally a day too late.

Has anyone heard XTC's last album, the first one that
did for TVT?  It was well received critically, but I
never got the chance to hear it.

Tracey

=====