CONNELLS Archives

February 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Ring <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:16:54 -0500
since noone else has posted about it, I suppose I'll drop in a say something
about saturday night's show at the cats cradle.

a band called leisure mccorkle opened for the boys. I'm not sure I'd
recommend that you run out and buy their cd, but they were ok as an opening
band goes. I was disappointed that I didn't get to catch the Mayflies at a
connells show, but taht's the way it goes.

the guys came out a little late, because steve didn't get there on time.
I've got the setlist in my car, but don't have it on me, but they did play
several of the new songs and that rockin cat stevens cover. I swear if they
recorded that, it'd be a hit...

when my wife saw the setlist, she was disappointed that "curley's train"
wasn't on it. it's her favorite song. I told her that if she tried to
request it (we were standing right in front on george) that he might play
it. she was too timid to yell at him, so I did. after hearing me a couple of
times, he finally told me (with a hand gesture) that asking for that was
"stretching it". I swallowed my pride (for my wife of course) and explained
to him that it was amanda's favorite song and it was the only one she'd let
me listen to on the record.

george thought that was too sweet (I told her that he'd play it for a girl)
so when he went up to play motel, he tried his best to get through it. it
was obvious he probably hadn't played the song since they recorded it and he
stumbled about halfway through the song and finally completely forgot the
words.  it was ok, he tried...

the rest of the show was great... it finally ended because the drummer (whos
name I still can't remember) busted his snare drum.

anyway, taht's my take... I'll try to post the setlist tomorrow if anyone is
interested

kevin