CONNELLS Archives

November 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:12:00 EST
In a message dated 11/8/00 2:55:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I was referring to *owning* a tape that is a bootleg.
>  And who on this list doesn't?  ;)  It's music that
>  (hopefully) you didn't pay for, and even worse in some
>  folks' eyes, music that was never meant to be
>  circulated, yet there it is, next to your stereo.

Trading live music is one thing, selling it is another. And I'm the first one
to admit that I've paid for live cdrs, since (as you well know) trading for
them is no longer an option for me, thanks to a certain list member and his
hilarious fun & games of last year.  But I'm not sure how that makes me a
worse person  than than the obliging listmember who is happy to take my
money, especially since the band has never discouraged taping; indeed, they
allowed board access to certain tapers, didn't they?

>  If you
>  have no money for CD's, though...no money, no
>  music????

No money, no books;  no money, no food;  no money, no movies; yadda yadda
yadda...... or should everything in the world be free, just because someone,
somewhere, can't afford it?

I've said all I have to say on this on-list;  I'm not stupid enough to let
myself be baited into a flame war by a list admin, you know.    So if you
want to continue this, I suggest you contact me off-list.