THEDRUM Archives

November 2000

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Drum: Black World Studies at Miami University
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:34:15 -0500
You are all responsible for the great Students we turn out, and if you
haven't heard it lately, you are doing a marvelous job.  Just look and see
the results of your efforts..Here are some assorted emails i have gotten
over the last few weeks from our former majors..Hope you are as proud of
them as i am....

Subject: hello DR. COATES.. To: [log in to unmask]
DR. COATES! it's been a long time since we've exchanged thoughts! how are
things in oxford? i'm doing well at ohio state; in the 2nd year of my ph.d.
program in history. it has a master's component along the way, so i'll
begin writing my thesis in the winter and have that knocked out by June
2001. nothing earthshattering to report at the current time, just wanted to
drop you a line to say hello more than anything else...ern
Ernest L. Perry, Jr.
Program Assistant-Upward Bound
Columbus State Community College
614.287.5777-office
614.287.5146-fax

>Hello Dr. Coates,
>
>Ms. Bryant told me that she spoke with you recently.  I am just writing to
>let you know that things are going fine.  I am presently working as a
>judicial law clerk in the Eastern District of Louisiana which sits here in
>New Orleans.  I will be there in a couple of weeks for homecoming.  This
>is my email address, so if there is anything I can do to assist you in
>helping the students in your department or there on campus please do not
>hesitate to contact me.  I am presently waiting on my bar results which
>should be here in a matter of hours so wish me the best of luck.

>Dana M. Douglas

by the way..Dana did pass the BAR she is now licensed to practice law...

if any of you have any other info from our recent Grads please forward them
to me so that we can share.

You are all responsible for the great Students we turn out, and if you
haven't heard it lately, you are doing a marvelous job.  Just look and see
the results of your efforts..
For more of my poetry please check out

http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html

umoja

only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified

rodneyc..