THEDRUM Archives

January 2001

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Drum: Black World Studies at Miami University
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:58:53 -0500
Hi Rodney,
I know you said you will be presenting an original reading at the Read-In
(Feb 5, 1-5pm) King Library rm 57....but I have another favor to ask of you.
Will you please inform the students in your classes about the Read-In and
encourage them to attend. We are attempting to get more student
involvement, either as readers or listeners and also to hear the stories
from the Tuskegee Airmen. Five colonel's who actually served as Tuskegee
Airmen will be speaking....lets give them the royal treatment.. (1:15 -
1:45, 3-3:30)
Any assistance you can give us will be deeply appreciated.
Pat

Black World Studies, with the assistance of the Dean's office of Art and
Sciences,  will host a reception for these heros..beginning at 3:30 in the
Special Collections on the 3rd floor of King Library.  Please announce this
event to your classes, and please plan on attending and honoring a piece of
our and America's history.

rodneycoates
For more of my poetry please check out

http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html

umoja

only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified

rodneyc..