OHIOAIR Archives

February 2001

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Larry Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:39:04 -0500
Hi all!!

I know you are all anxiously awaiting the IPEDS submissions that start next week, and as such, you are frantically in the process of getting your data together (yeah, right..me neither!).  But, if I could interrupt your busy day for a few minutes, I wanted to share with you the completed and official (well, as official as it gets!) agenda for the upcoming OAIRP Spring Conference.  To refresh your collective memory, the OAIRP Spring Conference will be held Friday, March 16, 2001 in the Mooreland Conference Center on the campus of Lakeland Community College in Kirtland, Ohio.  Remember to send your registration forms to Lee Mortimer soon if you have not yet already done so.  Lee is sitting over there at WSU bored to death just waiting for something to do, so make sure you give him something to do!  (Right, Lee?  yeah, uh huh!)  If you have not already checked them out (and even if you have!), here are the URLs for Lakeland Community College and Mooreland Conference Center.  Be sure to look at the link for Mooreland.  It's a truly beautiful setting for a conference.  I am also listing the URL for the OAIRP Web site.  On it under the "Events" link, you will find the registration form for the Spring Conference, hotel information, directions to Lakeland/Mooreland, and even the other two links I have listed below!  A veritable cornucopia of useful and fascinating information!  (Ok, I know...I need to get out more!)

http://www.lakeland.cc.oh.us/ (Lakeland Community College)

http://www.lakeland.cc.oh.us/ADMINIST/INSTADVA/MOORELAN/Moore.htm (Mooreland)

http://www.bgsu.edu/organizations/oairp/index.htm  (OAIRP Web site)

And now, on to the agenda.  In addition to having it here in this e-mail, I will ask Jie Wu, OAIRP Webmaster, (actually I'm asking her now!) to post it on the OAIRP Web site.  Thanks, Jie!

8:00am - 9:00am...Registration, Continental Breakfast (at Mooreland)

9:00am - 10:45am...Welcome, thank you's, introduction of speaker...and then, THE SPEAKER!
 - Tom Mortenson
    Higher Education Policy Analyst
    Postsecondary Education OPPORTUNITY
    Oskaloosa, IA 52577
    Web: http://www.postsecondary.org

10:45am - 11:00am...Break with refreshments (self-guided tour of Mooreland, if you want...maps will be provided at Registration)

11:00am - 11:45am...Morris Beverage, Vice President for Administrative Services/Treasurer at Lakeland Community College...Morris will do a follow-up on Tom's information using Ohio as his focus.

11:45am - 12:00pm...Mini-Q&A session with Tom and Morris

12:00pm - 1:00pm...Lunch at Mooreland (self-guided tour of Mooreland, if you want, before and/or after you eat)

1:00pm - 2:00pm...OAIRP Business Meeting
  - Topics include (but are not limited to):
         - Sector meetings (break into groups by 4-year public, 4-year private, 2-year)
         - Reading and approval of Fall minutes
         - OAIRP Treasury Report
         - Report from Conrad McRoberts on Financial Aid Committee
         - Report from Denise Krallman on OAIRP logo/pins
         - Discussion on OMB Race/Ethnicity Standards and possible OAIRP "official response"

2:00pm - 2:45pm...Dr. Rob Sheehan, Associate Vice Chancellor for Performance Reporting and Analysis, HEI/OBOR...an OAIRP tradition!

2:45pm - 3:00pm...Break with refreshments (self-guided tour of Mooreland, if you want)

3:00pm - 4:00pm...Guided tour of Lakeland Community College, including a tour of the IR office.

4:00pm...End of the day...drive safely!

So, there it is!  I hope you will find the day enjoyable, fun, and informative.  I look forward to seeing you at Mooreland next month!  Don't forget to send your registration form to Lee, even if you paid for the Fall Conference!  If you have any questions or comments about the agenda or the conference in general, please feel free to contact me.  Thank you!

Larry Hunter
2000-2001 OAIRP President
Voice: 614-287-3604
Toll-free voice: 1-800-621-6407