EMS Archives

March 2004

EMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carla Pestana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Early Modern Studies Collective <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:21:34 -0500
Dear Collective members,

 From the discussion in the first meeting of the Early Modern Collective
last month, I learned that graduate students in the collective (and
possibly others as well) feel a need for some tips on how to tackle
archives.  I am happy to offer a basic introduction to archival research to
members of the collective or any other interested parties.  I intend to
cover how to know when you are ready to move into the archival phase of a
project as well as how to get ready to visit an archive so as to use your
time once there most efficiently.

I have scheduled a one-hour session in the Inez Kamm Electronic Instruction
Room, Room 110 of King Library, for Wednesday April 7th, between 4 and 5
p.m., open to all interested graduate students in the collective or
otherwise.  If you plan to participate in the trip to the Newberry Library
scheduled for May 11-13th, this introductory session is mandatory.  The
session should be of general use to any graduate student who might conduct
archival research, and I urge anyone who could use some help on this issue
to attend.  Please feel free to circulate this announcement to any
interested parties.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP by sending me an e-mail.  I look forward
to seeing you Wednesday, April 7, 2004.

Carla Pestana

Carla Gardina Pestana
W. E. Smith Professor