NICKNAME Archives

January 2005

NICKNAME@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Thomas Klak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Community concerned about racist nickname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:24:45 -0500
Ward did address something related to George's point at dinner before the talk.
After mentioning the redskins bounty in the 1744 Pennsylvania document,
Ward said that the worst aspect of the term redskin is not the historical
meaning,
but the fact that many native americans currently find it offensive.
Tom