THEDRUM Archives

February 2005

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:19:00 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

The Race, Gender, Class, and Sexuality symposium starts tomorrow, February
25th, with panels from 9:30-6pm.  On Saturday, February 26th, we will have
two discussion groups.  The first discussion group will speak on Women's
Studies and Feminism at Miami.  The participants are:  Judith de Luce,
Classics, Susan Jarratt, professor of English and comparative literature,
the University of California, Irvine, Becky Lukens, professor emeritus,
English, Alice Fannin, retired professor, English, Alice Adams, director of
Women's Studies at University of Maine, Farmington (and former professor of
English and Women's Studies at Miami), Karen Maitland Schillings,
Psychology, and Jane Goettsch, Miami's Women's Center.  The second
discussion group will speak on Feminisms: Current Trends and Issues.  The
participants are:  Gwen Pough, Syracuse University (third-wave feminism),
Jennifer Thorington Springer, Indiana University, Indianiapolis (Caribbean
feminism), Madelyn Detloff, English and Women's Studies (queer theory),
Lisa McLaughlin, Communications, (Transnational feminism), Gwen
Etter-Lewis, English (African and African American feminism), Tammy
Kernodle, Music (music and feminism), and Yu-Fang Cho, English and Women's
Studies (transnational feminism).

Another feature of the symposium is the book signing desk which we will
have on Friday, February 25th.  We will have books written by the following
authors:  Gwen Pough, Tammy Kernodle, Jeanne Hay, Susan Paulson, and Shelia
Croucher.

I hope you and your students will enjoy the symposium.

Sincerely,
Cheryl

Cheryl Johnson
Director, Women's Studies