SWE Archives

March 2005

SWE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bethany Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Society of Women Engineers at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:32:16 -0500
Hello SWE!

I hope everyone is ready for Girl Scout Day! I'm emailing about another
great opportunity to teach kids about engineering. The weekend of April
8-10 is Kid Fest, where the CAC puts together various activities for young
siblings/friends/relatives of students. One of these events is a Kid Fair
where student organizations set up tables with activities for the kids.
SWE will be participating on Saturday from 11:30-3pm. We will pick a
successful activity from Girl Scout Day and have it available at the Kid
Fair. I need 2-3 people to work each shift. If you’re unable to help out
with Girl Scout Day, this would be a great alternative!

What: Kid Fair 2005
When: Saturday April 9, 2005
Shift 1: 11:30-1:15pm
Shift 2: 1:15-3pm
Where: Shriver Reflection Pool

Please check your schedules and get back to me! It will be fun seeing kids
on campus for a change!! Thanks everyone, have a great weekend and get
excited for Girl Scout Day and Kid Fair!! (Remember to reply to me, not
the List Serve) :)

Bethany Sloan