ZOO408A Archives

September 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:45:43 -0500
I briefly visited Treaty Line and Dunlapsville Causeway at Brookville
Lake yesterday (28 Sept) evening and this morning (29 Sept) hit those
places plus Mounds State Recreation Area at dawn.  Noteworthy:

28 Sept, Treaty Line Road (Union Co.):
Great Egret 37 (a high number for Brookville Lake)
Killdeer 100
Pectoral Sandpiper 36

28 Sept, Dunlapsville Causeway (Union Co.):
CLIFF SWALLOW 1 (late)

28 Sept, southern Wayne Co. "home":
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1

29 Sept, Mounds State Recreation Area (Franklin Co.):
Black Vulture 36 (first concentration of the fall for me)

29 Sept, Dunlapsville Causeway:
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Bald Eagle 3 (2 adults, 1 imm)  also observed from Treaty Line later

29 Sept, Treaty Line Road:
Great Egret - none!  first date in two months when none were present
and peak numbers were there on the evening before!  Have they
departed or just changed morning feeding areas?
LAUGHING GULL 1 (first-year)
Tree Swallow 15 (generally absent over the past month, fall build up
beginning?)

Bill Buskirk
Biology Department
Earlham College