CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Beausoleil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:17:22 -0400
I have thought about creating my own rule set based solely on the fact that
from the latest release of updates, over half of the students on campus were
placed in the temporary role from not being up-to-date when in fact they
were (according to windowsupdate.com).

Anyone interested in sharing their windows xp and windows 2000 rule set or
the way they go about determining the appropriate hotfixes to include in
their rule set for future updates?  I would assume a little research on
Microsoft's website and a comparison to Cisco's rule set is a start.