CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ken Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:50:33 -0500
I am having an issue with CCA OOB Virtual gateway mode where when it
switches from the auth vlan to the access vlan, it is taking a good bit of
time to get the new gateway.  (same ip but auth has mac of cca, access has
mac of real gw)

I added an arp timeout of 3sec. that seems to work just fine if attached to
the core while testing, but some of my test out to buildings farther away
are still taking a good 30sec before they can get to webpages after moving
from auth to access vlans.  So those testers are complaining.

Any suggestions to help make this faster?

Thanks,

Ken Nelson
Network Manager
Marietta College