RESCOMP Archives

January 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Urayama <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Urayama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:31:25 -0500
Dear David Woods (and the rest of ATS!),

Thank you for visiting us in the Physics Department on Wednesday.  I was
excited to hear about resources available.  My research is in experimental
molecular and cellular biophysics under high pressures, and I would like to
develop a research program in computational aspects of the field.

I was wondering what capabilities there are or there could be in molecular
biophysics, specifically in areas of molecular dynamics, electrostatic
potential calculations (using Poisson-Boltzman solvers), and biomolecular
graphics.  For example, is CHARMM available?

Being in a department driven by undergraduate research, I was also excited
about collaborative and consulting possibilities as a way of facilitating
undergraduate involvement, as well as in developing external proposals.

If you could point me to the right person, I would be exciting about
talking with them in person.  Thank you.

Paul Urayama

--
Paul Urayama, Assistant Professor
Department of Physics, Miami University