OHIOAIR Archives

March 2006

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jay Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:59:13 -0500
Kelly,

Congratulations on your new position. Thank you for your kind words concerning HEI, I appreciate it, as does the rest of the team. We'll miss you.

Jay

Colleagues and friends,

After much deliberation, I have accepted the position of Financial
Systems Analyst at the Bureau of the Public Debt, ARC Division, through
their Federal Career Intern Program and will begin on April 17, 2006.
It is one of the largest employers in our area, and I am very fortunate
to be able to intern in the very job I had hoped to be offered.  My last
day of work at Washington State Community College (WSCC) will be April
13, 2006.

I have enjoyed getting to know many of you over the last 4 ½ years.  I
am so thankful for the opportunity to learn about the field of IR from
so many wonderful practitioners.  Everyone was more than willing to
share their expertise and even examples to make my life easier.  The
folks at HEI deserve a lot of credit for dealing with my numerous
questions the first year.  The AIR Foundations Institute was absolutely
essential to me as I didn’t have a clue what IR was when I started and
was very overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, it is necessary for me to resign from my new position of
OAIRP Secretary.  Perhaps a replacement can be selected at the upcoming
meeting on April 7.  It was fun while it lasted!

Finally, if you know anyone in the Marietta area who might be interested
in an entry-level position in the field of IR, please have them contact
the college. In a recent discussion with our President, she very
accurately described the job as being “an inch deep and a mile wide” so
strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills are a must!

Again, thanks for your guidance and your friendship.  Kelly

Kelly A. Faires, Institutional Research Analyst
Washington State Community College
710 Colegate Drive
Marietta, Ohio 45750
Ph: 740-374-8716 Ext. 1110
Fax: 740-374-9562

"It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to
have an opportunity and not be prepared."  --Whitney Young, Jr.

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but
what they become by it." -- John Ruskin