RESCOMP Archives

May 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephen Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 21:33:13 -0400
I compiled it with icc.

I've resubmitted the job to see if it happens again overnight or if it was
a fluke.  So far, I haven't had trouble with other jobs running the same
code on different data.  I'll go over the source tomorrow and make sure I
have checks on possible out-of-bounds array references.

A job that runs for 8 hours before puking probably isn't a good candidate
for "icc -g".  Would it be helpful to have a core dump anyway?  If so, how
do we enable core dumping?

SW