ZOO408A Archives

May 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:29:46 -0400
Greetings!!
Yesterday we banded an ASY (after-second year) male Connecticut Warbler at
MUBO. We had a fantastic day--21 species including a beautiful SY male
Black-throated Blue Warbler, a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, our 2nd and 3rd
youngsters of the year (two fledgling Carolina Wrens)--our first fledgling
was an American Woodcock at Hueston Woods on 22may!, and two birds that
remind us winter is only a few months away [it was 39 yesterday morning
putting up nets!] a late White-throated Sparrow and Ruby-crowned
Kinglet.  Weather permitting we will be banding 6 out of the next 7 seven
days as our colleagues from Mexico arrive tomorrow for the US part of our
Birds without Borders workshop--please feel free to come visit with our
guests over the next week!!
Cheers
Dave