CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:04:38 -0400
Rajesh / Alok,

Thanks for taking time to clarify. Your presence is certainly
appreciated.

Simon

From: 	"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
To:	<[log in to unmask]>
Date: 	8/18/2006 1:48 PM
Subject: 	Re: IE 7 Beta

Sorry folks... missed this thread due to some meetings...

To confirm what Mike said, there is currently no 4.0.2.0 agent.  The
4.0.2 server release shipped with the 4.0.1.0 agent.  Hence, 4.0.x
does
not currently support IE 7 beta 3.  And yes, IE 7 beta 3 still breaks
lot of applications - so, even if the CCA agent works with it, there
will definitely be other things that fail.

And to confirm something else, 3.6.4.0 agent which came with the 3.6.4
release (this release came after 4.0.2 release) added support for IE 7
beta 3 (it worked with beta 2 as well - however, only beta 3 was
tested/certified).

Similar support will be added in a 4.0.2.0 agent which will be part of
the 4.0.3 server release (which also contains supports for MCE and
TabletPC).  We are trying to get this release out on an asap basis.
Hence, we haven't announced an official release date.   That said, we
are trying to get it out in days rather than weeks because of the
discussions on this list.  I will come back with a firm date early
next
week.

Regards,
Rajesh.