CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Speight, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:24:45 -0400
Setup: CCA 3.5.10, Real IP Gateway, HA Mode (2 CAM, 2 CAS)

I have investigated this via TAC case 604066499, which has since been
closed. I'm looking to upgrade to CCA 4.0.3, but am worried something is
not right in my config. The reason I say this is when I reboot the
stand-by CAM, there is no message in the event log that anything is
wrong, CAM down, whatever and no indication the CAM is back on-line. I
seem to recall a message in the event log about a db restore, I no
longer see that.

The trusted side IP address (eth0) were changed on all four machines in
May. This is the only change. I don't see anything wrong, TAC didn't
find anything wrong, but my gut feeling is something is wrong?! I hate
to upgrade to CCA 4.0.3 without a good level of confidence that the
config is solid and performing as it should. :-)

Any hints, tips, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Howard

Howard, Operations and Systems Analyst
East Carolina University