CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:39:06 -0400
Re: Certified Device Timer:
Once a week, Wednesday at 7:00 am.  We started doing this several
weeks after first deploying CCA, in part because it was clear that
there were a lot of desktops that were staying constantly logged in,
and were not being checked as a result.  We chose Wednesday, 7:00 am
because it fell after "Patch Tuesday," because it was neither the
beginning of the week nor the end of the week, because we have fewer
classes on Wednesday, and  because 5:00 am - 7:00 am was typically
our lowest period of utilization.  We chose once a week because we
felt it was often enough to ensure that computers remained compliant,
and periodic enough that users would not be unduly burdened.

HTH,

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University