CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:52:22 -0700
Kurt,

That is a little strange.  However, if Thawte needs the new format, I
would suggest the following procedure:

1) From CAM web console, manage the CAS, go to the Certs section and
export the current private key, the certficate and the intermediate/root
cert (if any - this is typically only for an intermediate chain cert).
Save this somewhere safe.

2) During a maintenance window, generate a new temporary certificate for
the CAS using the UI.  Please make sure that you fill all the fields
correctly.  Once the new certificate is generated, export the new
private key and a CSR (certificate signing request).

3) During the same maintenance window, import back the old private key,
certificate and intermediate/root cert (if any), verify and upload the
cert and restart the CAS (service perfigo restart or reboot whichever is
easier).

4) Send the CSR obtained in step#2 for signing. Once you receive the
signed cert back, perform step #3 except with the new private key and
the newly received signed cert. And restart the CAS.

This should cause minimum downtime.

Regards,
-Rajesh.