BIRDBANDING Archives

September 2006

BIRDBANDING@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AREI Bird Banding Stations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:22:45 -0400
Greetings!
We slipped in a quick banding session this morning (Wed), a big THANK YOU
to Sam and Levi for getting leaf filled nets in so Jill and I could make
11:00 class!! Unfortunately, the weather looks very bad for banding
tomorrow I don't think we will make it out (if your thinking of coming out
please call  (513) 382-4889 after 6 to be sure were in the
field).  Yesterday (Tues) we banded over 60 birds including 11 Swainson's
and 2 Gray-cheeked Thrushes, 4 White-throated Sparrows, and a White-crowned
Sparrow.  We also banded 11 Ovenbirds. Warblers included Orange-crowned,
Black-throated Green, Bay-breasted, Blackpoll, Tennessee, etc.
This morning was a hard on the hands (see below!), birds included
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the two quiz birds, 11 Swainson's Thrushes and 3
Gray-cheeked, and 1 Wood Thrush, 8 Ovenbirds, and a couple Magnolia
Warblers.  A really cool thing was a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers, the
male a hatch-year and the female the same individual we banded in Oct 2004
and photographed! She was probably over three years old in 2004!
Remember were banding Shakertrace on Sat, not MUBO as scheduled, and I'll
post directions tomorrow.
Cheers
Dave