OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:24:39 -0400

Great Egret
Green Heron

Other Birds.....

GC Kinglets
RC Kinglets
Carolina Wren
Winter Wren
Rusty blackbirds
Indigo Bunting   (really pretty coloration on the male this time of
year)
Fox sparrow
WC Sparrow
WT Sparrow
Juncos
Brown Creeper

Just a reminder that the road beyond the Bird Center is closed Monday
through Saturday  for the controlled waterfowl hunt. (through November)
It is open Saturday at noon and all day on Sunday.  The Bird Center and
the Walking Trails remain open with some good birds.
Our last special event for 2006 will be Wooden Feather Day on Sunday,
November 26 from noon until 4 pm.  Area carvers will be on hand  and
will each enter a carved feather, with the visitors voting on their
favorite.   Refreshments fireside and a marsh walk are also scheduled.
Happy Birding!

Mary L. Warren
ODNR-Division of Wildlife
Naturalist