OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 17 Oct 2006 16:40:35 -0400245_us-ascii To Whom It May Concern,

I would appreciate it if you would let me know how to get off your email for
the time being. I am doing a lot of traveling and need to be taken off at
this time.

Thank you,

Miriam Smith46_17Oct200616:40:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:27:27 -0500
   Just a quick post here, Today Dan Sanders, Bill Whan, Paul Gardner
and I birded around Laker Erie making many stops and seeing some decent
stuff. Many Thanks gentlemen for showing me a few new spots, and
helping me find 2 new life birds; Snow Buntings (Conneaut- 150 birds)
and Black Scoters (same place Paula Lozano had them).
       We saw the same birds pretty much that other folks who posted
 from there today saw. We also went to Wellington Upground Resevoir as
posted on by Ken Ostermiller (he posted yesterday) and saw the same
ducks he did plus a few more in numbers. We did see some that must have
arrived Today or last night ;

Wellington Res.

Tundra Swan - 4 lovely birds in the evening sun. Great viewes even of
the loral spot on some.
Gadwall - several
Bufflehead - about 3 males and 6 or so females

   In the sun-set light we were able to very positively identify at
least 2 of the Red-necked Grebes at Clearfork Resevoir that are still
there, plus another 20 or so Horned Grebes, and Pied-billed Grebes.
    Good birdin'
-Ben Warner