OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Tracey Knierim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:26:49 -0500
This was sent to me by a co-worker - it may not be bird related but I think
all nature lovers should be concerned.  I checked and did find the listing.
It's basically under taxidermy.  I think I found it by searching for "real
bat".  It does have a disclaimer that it was harvested legally under fish
and wildlife regulations.but..???  I just do not understand why anyone would
want this unless they are using it for educational purposes.  Most of you
know I have a bat farm.and I feel the laws protecting them is not
sufficient.  I have had a bat die on my property, and although it would be
nice to have a specimen to use when I give my lectures before my tours.I
still turned it over for educational purposes.   I just find this disturbing
- others my think it is no different that stuffing a duck, fish, or deer
head.  You decide.    If you wish sign this petition go to:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/396498055?ltl=1162067181

Tracey Knierim

Auburn Twp / Geauga County