OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Chris Spagnoli <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Spagnoli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:28:40 -0500
Encouraged by Nancy Anderson's reports of multiple orange-crowned
warblers at this location in recent days, I spent about an hour this
morning at Wildwood Park (in northeast Cleveland).  In addition to
numerous song, swamp, and white-throated sparrows, at least one
white-crowned sparrow, several kinglets (both species), a mockingbird,
cardinals, a few black ducks, and other representatives of the usual
suspects, my search indeed turned up a very cooperative ORANGE-CROWNED
WARBLER, affording the best views I've ever had of this usually-elusive
bird.

For anyone interested in trying for it, go to the park's main entrance
off Lakeshore Drive and stop at the first parking lot.  Directly north
of the parking lot is a strip of weeds and scrub not more than ten yards
wide, between the entrance road and a paved path.  The warbler was
mostly working the northern half of this strip.

Good birding.

Chris Spagnoli
Lakewood