OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 16 Oct 2006 15:27:14 EDT629_US-ASCII Today I followed-up with the trash clean-up project from Saturday at Hoover
Reservoir. I went back into Areas M & N which weren't covered Saturday. I got
to combine birding with the clean-up. Shorebirds were somewhat slow this
afternoon. On the mudflats and sand spits between Area N and the boardwalk at
Area M there were 9 Greater Yellowlegs, 10 Dunlin, 3 Semipalmated Plovers and
many Killdeer but nothing else. There were several Common Terns skirting about,
23 Great Blue Herons clustered about, Double-crested Cormorants on a far
sand spit and an adult Bald Eagle perched off Wiese Road. [...]42_16Oct200615:27:[log in to unmask]