OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 17 Oct 2006 16:40:35 -0400245_us-ascii To Whom It May Concern,

I would appreciate it if you would let me know how to get off your email for
the time being. I am doing a lot of traveling and need to be taken off at
this time.

Thank you,

Miriam Smith46_17Oct200616:40:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:27:14 EDT
Today I followed-up with the trash clean-up project from Saturday at Hoover
Reservoir. I went back into Areas M & N which weren't covered Saturday. I  got
to combine birding with the clean-up. Shorebirds were somewhat slow this
afternoon. On the mudflats and sand spits between Area N and the boardwalk at
Area M there were 9 Greater Yellowlegs, 10 Dunlin, 3 Semipalmated Plovers and
many Killdeer but nothing else. There were several Common Terns skirting about,
 23 Great Blue Herons clustered about, Double-crested Cormorants on a far
sand  spit and an adult Bald Eagle perched off Wiese Road.

Land species were also limited. The more interesting finds included too  many
Yellow-rumped Warblers to count, many White-throated Sparrows and a few
Swamp Sparrows, several Brown Creepers, a Pileated Woodpecker and a Barred  Owl.

Charlie Bombaci
Hoover Nature Preserve
Delorme 58 C (2) & (3)