OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:27:13 -0700
I was at Sims Park this afternoon in northeast
Cuyahoga County on Lake Erie.  One group of birds I
could not positively ID.  Here is the main stuff:

Very Black Colored Ducks - 4 looked like Surf
Scoters-sides of head had white but didn't look like
Ruddy or Black Scoters.  When I went down to the beach
to get a closer look they were gone-I think the
sailboat spooked them-they didn't appear to be
feeding-I think they went west-later I saw four black
ducks flying further west
Red-breasted Mergansers - 8
Common Loons - 3
Horned Grebe - 5
Double-crested Cormorants - 150 a couple long
flotillas
Bonaparte's Gull - 5
Brown Creepers 3
Ruby-crowned - many, Golden-crowned few