OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:49:07 -0400
Thank you all for your patience during the switch to the Miami
University host. It seems to have been pretty painless for most of you,
but a few have had problems – which, I hope, are now mostly resolved.
One pitfall to be aware of, which has snared several of you, is that
it's 'listserv', not 'listserve'. Computers are really picky about
things like that.

If you have continuing problems or other questions or comments about
this list, or if you don’t know how to sign off, change your settings,
etc., please email me directly – you don't need to email the entire
1000+ members of the list. The address, [log in to unmask], now
appears at the bottom of every message.

Several of you have asked about tweaking the digest version of the list,
to add numbering to the messages, and/or to eliminate the funny symbols
that show up in a few messages. I regret to say that I can't do either
one directly, but I do have a couple of ideas to work around those
issues. To that end, I could use a few volunteers to test my ideas.
You'll need a second email address that I can send the tests to, and
you'll need to be able to read email there both through a web browser
and directly through email software. If you would like to volunteer,
send me a note – to [log in to unmask], not to this list!

Finally, just a couple of additional points. First, testing is now
officially complete – no more 'test' messages, please. And second,
thanks to everyone who took the time to send your thanks to me, and to
Bill Heck and Mark Boardman, and to Miami University; but if you want to
send additional thanks in the future, email me directly, and I’ll let
you know where to send the check. Actually, I can tell you right now –
send your check, and your membership application, to the Ohio
Ornithological Society, the folks who bring you this email list. The
details are on our web site, at http://www.ohiobirds.org/join.php.

OK, just one more point. If you want to reply to this message, reply to
me – please DO NOT send replies to the list. Let’s talk about birds, not
about this list.

--
--
Ned Keller