OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:09:12 -0400
I am posting this to the Bird List as information for those interested in
this area.

An important Bird Area Stewardship Workshop, sponsored by Tri-Moraine
Audubon Society, will be held at Wright State University Lake Campus in
Celina, OH, Thursday, Nov. 2, 2006 a5 7:30 p.m. in Room 182. John
Ritzenthaler, Director of Habitat Conservation, Audubon Ohio, Columbus, will
provide background information leading to this effort to develop an IBA and
habitat project in the St Marys River watershed.

There are 6 IBAs designated by Audubon Ohio in Tri-Moraine's eight-county
service area: Camp Myeerah (Logan); Kendrick Woods and Metzger/Ferguson
Reservoirs (Allen), Lawrence Woods (Hardin), McAfee Tree Farm (Mercer) and
St Marys River (Auglaize, Mercer and Van Wert). Tri-Moraine was actively
involved in identifying these sites worthy of IBA status. Now that we have
them, what do we do to protect them?

The St Marys River is a very special local resource that is home to an
impressive variety of plants and animals. The River is one of the best
remaining corridors of natural life across Northwest Ohio. This workshop
offers a great opportunity for citizens to get involved.

Join us and bring along your ideas and enthusiasm. The workshop is open to
all those interested in BIRDS, WILDLIFE HABITAT, and WATER quality in the St
Marys River watershed.

Thank you,

Jill Bowers
Auglaize County