OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:47:27 -0700
Hey all -

I began this morning at the Richfield Coliseum site on
Rt. 303.  The highlight here was yet another LECONTE'S
SPARROW, flushed from the grasses surrounding the wet
area in the middle.  Other species present included
snipe (6), Marsh Wren (1), and a flock of meadowlarks
(21).

From here I proceded to Jaite.  This area is quite
flooded this year and the marsh held 10 coots and a
Virginia Rail.  The place was absolutely overrun with
Swamp Sparrows (40) and other common sparrows were in
good numbers.

Good birding -
Gabe Leidy
Hinckley